Wednesday 17 September 2014

Missing the Train~The First Few Days

Sovereign by Chris Tomlin is definitely my theme song for the last few days. Flying across the world by myself; missing my train in Stockholm and then running to a bank late at night in a small town on my way to Vetlanda definitely made me thankful that I know a God who is in control.

Through the whole journey I have felt God's hand in everything. From super friendly custom guys in Iceland to the many people helping me with my huge suitcases on and off trains. Even by causing the ticket guy to give me my new ticket for free when they never do that (he made it clear that he normally wouldn't give out free tickets because of missed trains). Also, He has kept me from getting overwhelmed by the language difference and missing my train (which caused me to take a bus late at night...): He has been very faithful.

I was listening to a Francis Chan sermon a few weeks before I left and in it he was talking about how he knew God loved him because the Bible said but also because God would answer even his smallest prayers. Prayers that weren't really even prayers but mutterings of his heart like wanting a better golf club but refusing to buy one because he didn't think a golf club was more valuable than helping someone else. God then chose to bless him with a better golf club at his next speaking engagement. He went on to say that since he has been "seeking the kingdom of God above all else" he has seen how faithful God is. I have always seen His faithfulness but this summer and on this trip, I have seen His hand in more things than ever before.

This doesn't mean that I won't encounter difficulties, because I did, but that when they present themselves I can trust that God will provide a way through them. It has nothing to do with my worthiness but completely because He chose me for Himself. Now I just have to trust that He will provide the friends that I will need to do what He has called me to do while I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment